Destroy the yoke!admin
To move forward requires effort. At high speed demands that you are without encumbrance. Many are laden with heavy yoke. In spite of the church face and the pretensions of wellness, they are groaning under heavy burdens. Matthew 11:28 says, come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden.
Those bearing yokes are in perpetual labour. It is a life of struggle and groaning. Psalm 30:5 says, tears may endure for a night, but joy comes In the morning. Obadiah 1:17 says, upon this mountain, there shall be deliverance.
What is a yoke? An encumbrance. A disturbing matter. A restriction to freedom. A hindrance to progress. Foolishness is a yoke. Lack is a yoke. Sickness is a yoke. Character deficiency is a yoke.
Origins of yokes.
I. Hereditary yoke.
Many are born with a yoke or yokes round their necks. By accident of geography. Hereditary covenant. Curses and effects. Acts of chastisement.
II. Self inflicted yokes.
Character induced burden.
A. Consequences of actions or inaction.
B. Attitude attracts help or hinders help. Attitude determines altitude. Some attitudes solicit burdens and others invite help. Drive and ability takes you up, but integrity keeps you there.
C. A high flier is rid of unnecessary burdens of hate, bitterness, pride and such like.
D. The world is on the look out for people with impeccable character. Honest people with integrity. What would the world see in you? Pride, arrogance or a life of crash opportunism? Psalm 38:2-6 (I am bowed down greatly…
E. 1 Corinthians 3:16-17 You are the temple of God, God destroys those who destroys His temple.
F. Murmuring, grumbling and protestation invites yoke.
III. Demonic induced yokes.
John 10:10. 1 John 5:19 we know that we are of God, and the whole world lies in wickedness.
Examples of wickedness.
- Hence Jesus says in Matthew 11:28 all who are burdened and are heavy laden.
- Psalm 36.4 There are those who sit up at night to devise evil.
- Proverbs 4:16 they are robbed of sleep unless they make someone stumble.
- Micah2:196 when they wake up from plotting evil, they practice it, because it is in the power of their hands.
Now power will change hands. Burdens shall be removed and destroyed. Nahum 1: 13 For NOW I will break his yoke from off thee, and will burst thy bonds asunder.
Why God will remove your burden:
I. For His name sake.
Isaiah 37:35 I will defend this city to save it, for mine own sake Isaiah 48:11. I will rescue you for mine own sake. 1 Samuel 12:22
II. Because of His word and covenant.
Psalm 119.89 thy word is settled. The word of God is applicable to you as you appropriate it.
III.Because of the anointing.
Psalm 105.15 Touch not my anointed. Psalm 20:6 Now know that the Lord saves his anointed, he will hear him from his holy heaven and save him.
IV. Because of His grace.
Salvation is a complete package. Ephesians 1.15-22.
- Against Heredis 4:9. The breach repairer visit the foundation of your life and effect repairs. All virus removed. All evil programmes encumbering your life, removed.
- Burden of character. Titus 2:11-12. James 1.5
- War against Demonic burden and bondage.Isaiah 41.10-12 Those incensed against you shall be ashamed.
- Isaiah 55.14 You shall be far from oppression.
- Isaiah 22.25 The peg driven into the firm place shall give way.
- Jeremiah 30:22-24 The whirlwind of the Lord shall go forth
- Revelation 21:4 God shall wipe away your tears
- Isaiah 49.6 You shall be a light to the gentiles. A life of celebration.