The Blessings of the Lordadmin
All power belong to Jesus, all power belong to God
COVENANT OF BLESSING Proverbs 10:22 The blessing of the Lord, it makes rich and adds no sorrow to it.
The blessing of God is one supreme cover that can translate to many other offerings. It’s like an insurance policy that has many components. Your insurance cover for your house covers you in case of fire outbreak. It may have other components like, flooding, accidental damage or even electrical repairs. The blessing of God is that goodness of God that covers many other eventuality.
This is exemplified in Deuteronomy 28:1-8.
a. Verse 3 covers where ever you are located as it states that, “blessed shall thou be in the city and in the field”. IT is a promise that the goodness of God will be present with you at whatever location you find yourself.
b. Verse 4 covers children and other harvests. It’s a promise from God that your children shall receive special attention from God to help them. It is also a promise from God to prosper whatever enterprise you undertake. This is further reinforced in Psalm 115:14 The Lord shall increase you more and more, you and your children. Psalm 112:2-3 says, “His seed shall be mighty upon earth: the generation of the upright shall be blessed. Wealth and riches shall be in his house”.
c. Verse 5 gives you the assurance that what you have laboured for will not be wasted by devourers. A covenant of preservation of your increase “blessed shall be thy basket and thy store”.
d. Verse 6indicates the preparedness of God to watch over you and shield you from all evil. In Psalm 91:3 it says , “ Surely He shall deliver thee from the snare of the fowler and from noisome pestilence. He shall cover you with His feathers”.
e. Verse 7 recognises that there shall be battles to be fought and the blessing of God is guaranteeing that God will be on your side to fight your battles. It says, “He willcause your enemies that rise up against thee to be smitten”. They will fight you, but God will give you victory. Psalm 121:5-6 The Lord is thy keeper.
f. Spiritually, you would have lost access to the blessing before it is even offered, but the goodness of God makes special access available to you through the blood of Jesus.Verse 9 says, “The Lord shall establish you an holy people”.Titus 2:111-12 says, “For the grace of God that brings salvation has appeared to all men, teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously and godly, in this present world”.
Nature of the blessing of God.
1. A covenant of divine partnership. Malachi 3:10 You bring your tithe and prove me if I will not open the windows of heaven an pour you out a blessing. It means that God will add His unique ability to your ventures.He will grant you access to heavenly supplies. Isaiah 45:3 I will give you hidden treasures of darkness. As you partner with God, He will make you to become a financial wonder unto many.
2. Talent: God will invest unique abilities in you. Make you a solution to your generation. Joseph in Egypt. Witty inventions. Creative ideas. New concept.
3. Wisdom and direction. Daniel 6:3 Daniel was preferred above all because an excellent spirit was in Him. Solomon 1 Kings 3:12-13. In wisdom is divine direction. You will know what to do.
4. Relationship. Helpers of destiny. God will place appropriate people on your path of life to help you to your destination.
5. Favour. It is when God bypass your ability. Take you beyond your ability. Take you from the back of the queue to the front. Make things right for you. Solomon was favoured. Esther was favoured.
6. Divine Covering. Israel enjoys divine covering. Psalm 127:1 Except the Lord build the house.
7. Good health. Deuteronomy 7:15 And the Lord will take away from you all sickness, and none of the diseases of Egypt shall come upon you. Psalm91:16 With long life will I satisfy him.